|Available Documents and Utilities
- The Stockburger/Braver Child Support Calculator
- Probability Calculator This is a Java Applet that I wrote that changed the way I taught all my statistics courses. Not only does it find probabilities and values for the Normal, t, F, and Chi Square distributions, it also illustrates them with figures. This program eliminates the need for tables and provides exact significance levels.
- Binomial Calculator This is another Java Applet, similar to the one above, that finds binomial probabilities.
- Introductory Statistics: Concepts, Models, and Applications, First Edition This is my original Introductory Statistics text, first made available on the web in 1996. Permission is granted to link to these pages at will.
- Introductory Statistics: Concepts, Models, and Applications, Second Edition The above text has been extensively modified in a second edition to take full advantage of the probability calculator. Both the web and a hard copy version
of the second edition are available from my publisher,
in addition to extensive teaching materials. The second edition can be found at
and searching for "Stockburger".
The same text at a higher price can also be found at Amazon.com.
I am currently working on a third edition, expected to be available next spring.
- Multivariate Statistics: Concepts, Models, and Applications, First Edition
A continuation of the Introductory Statistics text covering hypothesis testing
in regression, principal components, cluster analysis, discriminant function analysis, multiple regression, dummy coding, and ANOVA.
- Multivariate Statistics: Concepts, Models, and Applications, Second Edition A revised version of the above that requires IE 5 or above to view correctly.
- Handbook for a Statistics Project is a
how-to manual for survey research. It covers questionnaire design,
analysis with SPSS, and report format.
- Example Tests and Assignments contains five different versions of the tests
and assignments I used in teaching statistics. Click on the Submit button on each test or assignment to obtain the key.
- A number of Data Files are available for use in teaching statistical
- Various Interactive Exercises are available to demonstrate statistical
- Links to Instructions and Miscellaneous pages.
- An example of the user interface I used to generate individual
tests and assignments for my students can be seen by pressing the following button.
- An example of the user interface I used to present student
evaluations to the Psychology faculty at SMSU can be seen by clicking on the following button.
- Links to other Statistical Resources.